Are you looking for the best smart lock on the market or just looking to upgrade your old door lock? Then we are here to help you to choose which one you should get and why.
In this day and age, home automation sensors are taking over, when technology and innovation are taking human beings to levels of creativity never before reached, there is a cry for a more sophisticated style of living. With smarter cities being designed, house automation systems are of the utmost importance; why not go for an enhanced, smarter way of living through keyless entry systems for homes or offices.
Such systems are ingenious ways of controlling access into the ‘home sweet homes’, monitoring planned criminal activities on one’s property and preventing distress conditions from festering.
We have grown up watching and reading about spy fictions, sci-fi fantasies where through the use of this sophisticated technology a fluid living sort of a thing was created. There seemed to be no hindrance in movement nor was there some unnecessary waiting, outside one’s own home for that matter, unbolting a million locks which were chosen carefully and then the amount of money spent on them, also their maintenance, the freezing, weather proofing, the possibility of it being hazardous to the child health, all of this, one not necessarily would consider at once, but they indeed remain somewhere dangling in the periphery waiting to manifest as a horrible reality.
Then imagine about the Bonds and Star Wars, fantasizing about their way of lives and building our little cocoons filled with fancies and make beliefs. For some, the entire idea of smart lock systems for homes might not be as big a deal as for some for whom it would be rather overwhelming – like a leap from an analogs way of life to the complete digital.
The way the world looks at Keyless Entree Locks has changed. You can now get anything done by simply tapping your finger on an entry door system or use voice control to operate them. A touch sensor switch also can be integrated with voice assistants to help you control your appliances intuitively, Home light switches have come a long way since then and can now be integrated with a smart door lock to help you create smart scenes that can basically automate your entire house. Touch switches for home are also one of the best ways to dip your toes in the home automation world.
These smartphone-controlled door lock systems are a major hit in the tech world as you can flaunt keyless entry for homes all you want and get so much done in less time. You do not have to run around arranging things anymore when it is about locks, as these are there for you. You can manage and control these with a smartphone or a simple app by using keyless door entry systems.
You will find keyless entry locks reviews that help you pick the right keyless home locks. And these are not just your regular reviews, but an in-depth analysis of the brand, features, models and details of each model. We help you decide which keyless door locks to choose from by giving you a comprehensive detail about these machines.
There are some that ask for the replacement of the lock system you have at home, but there are some which can be used on your device by just adjusting to the existing deadbolt in the house. And sometimes, you just have to tap a lock for the door to open for you. These are locks that identify you within seconds and let you in. So all you need to do is walk up to the door and wait for a couple of seconds before the smart home locks recognize you.
Types of Smart Locks
- Biometric Fingerprint – This is among the top smart keyless door lock choices out there that works on wireless home automation. It uses fingerprint recognition that is incorporated into high security door locks. This is the most preferred and is also trusted by a lot of people. When you want the biometric door lock, you have to be willing to pay a certain amount for it. Biometric fingerprint keyless home entry locks are a popular variety and cater to individual needs, making them a preferred choice for smart home automation systems.
- Keyless Deadbolt – Home keyless entry systems are the most affordable category. These are much more dependable and come with keyed entry with a digital keypad, which is good if you also forget your code.
- Keyless Remote Door Lock – Keyless Remote door locks are a great option as there are no keys required. The system works pretty smoothly, and you are not carrying a key everywhere. This keyless home entry system recognize the phone you are connected with, and the digital key gives you wireless entry to the home.
Best Keyless Door Locks
Below you can find our reviews of best door locks today. Read our reviews and leave a comment below about which one you like more?
They might seem to go unnoticed, always hidden from the eyes, but something is going on in the basement factory that nobody knows about and in the finale, some intricately designed apparatuses come up that make our lives easier and secure. Locks as a tool have been in use since the antiquities first as necessary contraptions then with the sophistication of techniques the post-industrial revolution period saw the arrival of more sophisticated locks.
The modern day ‘smart lock’ systems that work on as electromagnetism that uses instructions received from an electronic device and a cryptographic key. Keyless home entry systems also require fingerprint, eyes, and auditory configurator systems. Therefore, no longer one needs those ugly metal pieces that would give up, or the key would break, they come with reliability and certifications guaranteeing their performance and legality around.
Why Use a Smart Lock System?
Within the preview of smart cities, and the growing integration of sophisticated computing devices into our daily lives, human beings have begun to focus more on ideas and creationist endeavors. The endeavor is to reach kind of smartness through constant innovation and induced with the Japanese concept of KAIZEN, which asks for continuous improvement.
As societies progress, individual units of homes tend to follow the same line of progression and carry affiliations from the discourses of modern day living – thus systems like smart locks and keyless entries are gaining popularity in the market.
You can also integrate it with devices like the bluetooth light bulb. Which inturn integrates with other smart home devices like the smart touch switch. This can go on for as many smart devices you want. A wifi touch switch is one of the best ways to get started on your home automation journey. You can create smart scenes with a fingerprint door lock and other devices like a universal remote control.
Kamonk’s devices can also talk with other smart devices like the fingerprint door lock.
Also, keep in mind the increasing sophistication with which the criminal activities around the world has been increasing, there is a definitive requirement of more useful tools and utilities that would assist in tackling the menaces of burglary, theft et cetera.
Keyless entry systems for homes are uber cool. The kind of impact they would have on one’s social life is immeasurable. Whenever a guest would come over, and they would see something, say, as a biometric system – just by placing the hand the door would open up, and then one could go ‘hey presto!’ – it is magical indeed! And of course, bragging rights are just an additive with the products.
Despite being interlinked with the mainframe security unit, these devices can function independently well even in power disruption and the main frame being disrupted or damaged. However, this may require additional programming.
Smart locking systems can also be integrated with the home automation devices or programs so that certain specific functions to prevent an immediate break in can be dealt with or avoided. Moreover, the companies are constantly upgrading their systems and software so that the customers and their in-house installed devices never have to face the cloud of redundancy.
The Different Types of Keyless Entry Systems
The doors are getting cleverer with the passing minute and can also integrate with automated lighting systems – they were a part of the door hitherto, now, with the smarter way of living and technologically induced lifestyles on the rise, door locks are becoming parts of a unified house system.
The purpose of opening and locking the doors is definitely on the top, but they have become parts of enhanced meta-security systems for homes, allowing keyless entry door lock. The market is full of sophisticated keyless home entry systems or as popularly said smart lock systems.
To illustrate a few systems that are popular:
- Keyless systems: This system is more prevalent in the automobiles. These are based on electronic remote controls, which allows the press of a button to transmit a predetermined numeric key code for the entry. The signal bursts through short range radio – transmitters, usually something like a 5-20-meter distance is what is mandated.
Additionally, they can integrate with devices like an RGB light bulb. These are especially fun during movie nights and gaming. A touch switch can also be used for the same purpose. Plus, an electric smart switch is also one of the best ways to get started on your home automation journey. Kamonk offers you the best smart lock in the business. We strongly recommend gettings a google smart lock as it increases the security of your house tenfold. Kamonk is also among the best home automation brands in India.
Such systems could sometimes be inbuilt in one’s car, and while approaching the garage, just with the click of a button, the doors open up, or similarly with the help of an application on the smartphone, when one approaches the house, the door would unlock. Such technologies have been extensively used in automobiles; almost every car comes with a remote these days, also in hotel industries.
- Electronic door locks: Such devices operate as the names suggest utilizing electric current. The device usually comprises two main units the lock mechanism and an electric board mounted on top of the locking unit. The technology has come a long way in electronic door locks; they use magnets, motors or solenoids; this mechanism either to be just put opens or closes the circuit for the passage of current. Furthermore, this mechanism could thereon be attached with or on to a more complex system like a biometric system or with something like an intercom-based access control system.
- Numeric codes, passwords, and phrases – the most commonly seen device, a simple keypad for access purposes. The lock codes can be remotely or manually changed and updated.
- Security tokens – this mechanism requires the user to scan through or touch a security token/card on or along the sensor to enter. Changing the lock codes or restricting the passage to certain individuals would require a massive overhaul of the system.
- Biometrics – finger, retina, or voice print scanners- are more sophisticated and usually used in cases of sensitive areas, including banks, secure data centers, vaults, et cetera. Working on complex codings, these devices are often connected with a certain network/ mainframe computing systems and are used for and by limited individuals.
- Radio-frequency identification – the RFID system is usually incorporated within the user’s body, something like a chip being inserted, or one could carry a radio tag in their clothing. These systems have also been seen in offices and banks that would require restricted access and intensive security surveillance. The implants are made under a doctor’s supervision, and the materials used in the chips are as per the health mandates guidelines and perfectly safe for human usage.
- Magnetic-coded locks: this is one of the most intricate and delicately designed systems which uses a combination of magnets; when the key enters the system, this combination of magnets, depending upon their polarity, push certain pins with the device and thence allows access. These devices are further complicated by using pairings of magnets. Also, permanent magnets are used within the system so that the magnetic effect does not dissipate with use.
- Door Security: the system is more concerned with the door’s, and have been seen to be the best fit with smart lock systems. That is to say, if the locks can be smart why can’t the door be the same. In fact, as per the research conducted by the ‘consumer reports magazine’ in the 1990’s, it was duly noted that in most cases of burglary and break in’s – it was the door that gave up first. Therefore, solid wooden doors, or wooden doors with metal fixtures and fittings, or doors with steel rims heavily bolted together, these are the common combinations of doors that are more popular and carry certified durabilities.
Thence the best keyless door locks would appropriate the door system because in smart house doors are not just movable monolithic walls, they are a crucial part of the security system. The technology of the doors when brought in consonance with the sophisticated lock systems, the symbiosis created would result in an impenetrable fortress.
Such door systems can come with alarm systems, either a silent or loud one, depending upon the door and the inside item. Moreover, this alarm system can then trigger through the main frame of the security centre and send warning signals on to the cellular phones or the contact referral in case of emergency, which could very well be the police. The doors could also be dead bolted and carry impact resistant reinforcement compounds that can withstand blows and small grade blasts.